Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon DVD Promises

Firstly, the weekend has been Epic (in both the success and fail sorts of ways!) and I'm sure that by the time I get done writing about all of it, you'll be so sick of hearing about it!!! This week is kind of busy though, so, I'll try to get to it in a timely manner. Also, as some of our Int'l friends haven't seen NM yet, I will try to hold off on spoilers for the next week (that's about all the longer I can hold off on talking about details though) and will explore random thoughts and experience from the night (oh man) in the meantime.

I also want to apologize to all my bloggy friends who's blogs I usually read, I haven't been reading the blogs at all lately! I'll get back to it regularly after thanksgiving/my brother's wedding/my new moon high washes over, but, in the meantime, I do still love you all!

Anywho, I ran across this article in which they discuss some details about the DVD release!!! (SO SQUEE!!!)

It should be out early 2010, it should have tons of awesome features, and it will include some of the following deleted scenes:

  • "There will be probably about 20 minutes of deleted material," he explained, promising some meaty footage. "It really is good stuff and a bonus for the fans."
  • Among this bonus footage could be several moments MTV knows was shot but did not make the final "New Moon" cut, including:
  • » A scene with Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria driving to Forks in a car, snacking on a dead human. It was one of the final moments the actress filmed as the nomadic vampire.
  • » A scene with the human characters eating Burger King.
  • » Another scene with the humans, this time with Justin Chon and Michael Welch expressing jealousy over Edward's car.
  • » More scenes with the Volturi in Italy.
  • » An extended cut of the scene where Mike Newton quotes Shakespeare to Bella in the Forks High parking lot; in it, he does a Marlon Brando impersonation.
  • » Scenes alluding to the ongoing breakup between Newton and Anna Kendrick's Jessica.
All in all, I can't wait to see New Moon over and over again (no money yet for a second viewing :( will have to have a second job so I can hire a sitter, get excessive amounts of tickets, and set up a two times a week rotation! I also can't wait to see Eclipse now (my favorite book mostly) and to hear what they decide about Breaking Dawn (I'm SURE they'll be making a decision soon now that the box office numbers are in/projected) on one hand, waiting does give them more time to get a good deal, on the other hand, it's probably going to end up costing Summit more. With New Moon overshooting all the projections of success, everyone involved will have mega bargaining chips to hammer out much bigger payrolls!



borrowed from covershut.com

No comments: