Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Very Own Pocket E

It was a very quick dive into ridiculousness for me. I was not even aware of the "Edward Cullen Action Figure" until I started reading into the archives over on www.twitarded.blogspot.com, but, as soon as I saw him, I went to amazon.com to price him. I wanted one.

I gave myself two days and then ordered him, no sitting on the fence, no thinking about it, no worrying about if it would look too crazy, nope, not for me, just straight from "I need one" to "pretending to think it over so I feel like I was responsible with my money" to "it's now on the way"

I then was pouty because when I saw the projected delivery date, I realized that he'd miss bunco, a wedding, and a birthday party. All prime adventure opportunities! Oh well, C'est la vie!

I did find though that I would need a carrying case to protect my beloved Edward and went right out (online of course) and found one, that was nearly as much as PE himself, and bought it without flinching (I'm getting quite good at purposefully not balking at or keeping track of how much money, that we can't really afford mind you, that I'm throwing into this obsession)

I then sat back to while away the 5-10 days before I would have in my hands, my very own Little-E!

I bet you can't guess how much I squee-ed when my mail lady honked today to let me know I had a package ... let's just say, a lot.


And yeppers, it was my little man! (along with the other twi-related books I bought to get the free shipping, natch!)

So now begins the saga of me and little-e, which I will also be posting over at The Great Adventures of Pocket E a place where I will also try to feature the adventures of other Mini-E's as well.

Now just the dilemma of whether to open him up now or not when I have nowhere safe to keep him yet ...

Darn him if he isn't trying to dazzle me into letting him out!



No comments: