Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blueprints for a Twi-Lair

We've lived in this house for over three years now.

When we moved in, the master closet (my closet mind you; hubs has a walk in closet of his own in the room down the hall in which he can be messy and loud in the mornings if he so chooses) was spacious enough, but, massively underutilized. On one side it had a single hanger rod which was too thick for any standard hanger to fit around. Apparently they had been using wire hangers that they had bent to the size of the rod. On the other side, they had a row of pegs. Lastly, in the back, there is a ledge and one last small rod.

One of the first things I did after we moved in was to take out the old large rod and peg row, and to buy a nice new closet organizer system and some paint. I was going to have me a nice little area of my own to hang out in.

That was about as far as I got, and no further progress was made for a very long time.

Eventually I got hubs to hang the rail to put the closet system on and then went to the hardware store to buy more screws, but, no more. My clothes live on the floor and that's what it is for now.

Then I got twijacked.

Then I started thinking I wanted to not only buy, but actually put up some posters (VERY out of character for me!) That I in fact had urges to plaster every surface I could find with posters.

I decided that while this did sound appealing, it just may give away just how nuts I had become.

Hubs knows I like twilight, he knows I've read the books several times, he knows I've watched the movie more than once. He also knows that in the past week I've been looking it up more, reading more, and talking about it more.

He does not know I've begun to do crazy things such as buy a Pocket E, a Pocket E carrying case, two companion books, and spent about $20 at the grocery magazine aisle the other day. It is this craziness that I would like to keep on the DL just a little longer. If nothing else to stop the questions about where the money for all this is coming from ...

The solution was staring me in the face the other day when I woke up. Yes folks, my closet is a prime poster plastering grounds! I figure I can paint, get the organizer up and start covering surface as soon as I want, and bonus, it is probably the one place in the house that hubs really doesn't go in.

The only thing now, is that it seems that the paint I had previously purchased (a kind of dusty rose and a dusty coffee ... looking back, I don't know why these colors really) may not go with my new twilight theme.

So, here's where you get to help :) What colors do you think would be better with my intent to turn this into the perfect Twi-lair?

I'm kind of thinking some sort of charcoal maybe, and silver? possibly? But, that may not go well with the "cherry" of the organizer system ...

Regardless, here's some before pictures, and of course, I'll keep you posted!

This lets you see the color of the 'wood', and then the back area goes back into a little nook.

Now if only I could somehow make sealing the roof, organizing, cleaning, and fixing the duct work twilight related, I think procrastination and my "to do" list would become things of the past.

No comments: