Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mayday! Mayday! Edward Down!

In trying to stay on hubs good side so he doesn't start trying to cut me off from my computer time, I decided the kitchen needed to be cleaned today. (he's starting to get kind of irritated that I'm seeming to do nothing all day, that the kids are watching copious amounts of television, that I stay up later than he does every night, and that cleaning and cooking has ceased, since I've deepened my twidiction)

I also decided it would be SO much better if Edward helped me.

Carrying case or not, I broke him out so I could get to work, just to find that ... not only do his legs not bend (something I was prepared for) he can't fold his arms, AND he can't stand up by himself!



This thwarted my whole idea for the kitchen cleaning narrative I was hoping to capture! This in fact almost made me pack the kids in, drive 35 min to the nearest toys r us, and try to talk them into letting me open all their Pocket-E's "Edward Cullen Action Figures" to stand them in a row and see who was the combination best stander/broody painted face.

After about two seconds of calculating how that would work around naptime, I decided it was a little too much crazy to be putting the kids through in the middle of the afternoon ... I'll have to figure out a way to fit it in later, without them, as it may take a while to do the convincing and then the modeling competition ...

Regardless of his standing status, for now, he did help me with the dishes after all (little champ that he is) and we'll see where it goes from there.

My main question to you is this: Does your Edward stand up by himself? Is this something careful selection can even fix, or are they flawed once again by being too heel deficient? (along with the no bend knees and limited rotation of the shoulders, boo NECA, boo!)

Anywho, the blog about our kitchen cleaning adventure can be seen over at The Great Adventures of Pocket E

No comments: