Sunday, February 28, 2010

Loves Me Some Sokka!!! (my fave sokka episode Included :)

Years ago, before I even ever knew Twilight existed, there was a little show that premiered on Nickelodeon. Called Avatar: The Last Airbender. I watched it from the premier episode all the way through the end. I've seen every episode. I love that show SO HARD!



So, natch, when I heard there was going to be an AVATAR movie coming out I was really excited, and then disappointed, it wasn't Avatar at all, it was a bunch of weird blue people playing Pocahontas ... not what I had in mind at all.



Then I did hear they were also doing a movie called The Last Airbender, and I was excited all over again!!!

From what I can tell, the movie covers the first third of the Saga, what the viewers found in Book One: Water. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out. It's a FABULOUS show!

I was THRILLED to hear that Jackson Rathbone was playing Sokka

 

 

JBone's infectious smile and sunny personality seem like a GREAT fit for the comic relief that Sokka's character provides to the story. I'm really excited to see how it plays out!

I am a bit hesitant about M Night Shyamalan being in charge of the whole thing though,while I do love his movies, the show was very funny and clever, and I don't know if he can keep the same tone it deserves.

Another note of bummer for me, is that in the series, Prince Zuko, son of the firelord and primary adversary to Aang the Avatar


was voiced by Dante Basco, who if you don't know off the top of your head, was Rufio from Hook


who is now admittedly now a tad bit older than when i first fell in love with him, and maybe a little bit older than Prince Zuko should be, but, in my opinion, he's still zuko and should have been cast for him in the movie regardless!!!



cause this guy they cast just isn't doing it for me ...


and, they've got the hair wrong, but, whatevs ...

All in all, again, great show, SO EXCITED for the movie, and really can't wait to see what Jacksper brings too the role. Also looking forward to see him with lines and no horrific wig!

For those of you who've never seen it, watch one of my favorite Sokka episodes after the jump.

avatar book 3 fire episode 4 "Sokka's Master"


It shouldn't spoil anything for you if you want to see the movie as it takes place in the third book (which'll be the third movie if it ever gets that far) and as it's mostly a side story will likely not even make it in if we get to Book Three: Fire. Enjoy!!

No comments: